Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The red ferrari...

So Tom came by with a red Ferrari 360 Spider today, which all of you know is Monika's (our dental office manager) fiance. He had secretly rented one for the day so they could take pre-wedding pictures, my god that car is AMAZING!!! For anyone that knows me, one of my passions is cars and the ferrari is my FAVOURITE! This was my first time in a ferrari and I was blown away, and this was just sitting in my driveway. My son and I, who I was watching at the time because Sarah was out with a friend, admired this car from top to bottom, including Ethan drooling all over the gorgeous red exterior. So today was probably my first and hopefully not the last time I will see a ferrari up close.

Ella will be coming home this Saturday!!! After almost 3 weeks away at her grandparents in the Sault, she will be returning. My conversation with her last night was very funny. She began by telling me that she would be coming home in August, which was correct since Saturday is the 2nd of August, but she thinks she is just coming here for a visit and going back with her grandparents to the Sault. 3 weeks away and she thinks her new home is with her grandparents. Sarah and I were talking about this and we were joking about it, but in the back of my mind I am a little worried that she has replaced us so quickly.

Now I know she is having fun up north each and everyday. I wouldn't say just fun, but spoiled rotten. Each day consists of atleast 2 hours at the park of her choice, eating our for lunch with her Gaga (grandmother) and ice cream after dinner every night while swinging on the swing in the backyard. This little 2.5 year old has had the time of her life and she doesn't want it to stop. Heck, coming back to her parents and Toronto means back to the old routine, or shall I say grind of early bedtimes, tiny tots 3 days a week and eating her veggies, would anyone want to come back? But it has to end and she can dream about next summer when she will do it all over again. I think next year Ethan is going to, it's going to be so quiet around here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the comment about the Ferrari. I been in one before and my advice is not to drive too fast if you want the ladies to pass on their phone numbers, right? That’s what a Ferrari is made for. ;)

Rgds,
Pablo

DM said...

dental wax please visit us for our products.