Sunday, July 27, 2008

The patient BBQ was a hit and the quest for the kosher hot dog.

Today we had our patient BBQ and we had a great time. Not only did the rain hold off (we did have a few minutes here or there that got dark and ominous) but we had a fantastic turnout of patients. Monika's hubby had a great martial arts demonstration, Elite Spa and Fitness therapy provided head and neck massages as well as a fantastic draw for many services at their studio and we had kosher hot dogs.

So you are probably asking why I am mentioning the kosher hotdogs. Well it started Friday morning when Sarah woke me up. The plan was I was going to Costco to buy the kosher hot dogs, Sarah kept telling me before we left that they probably did not have kosher hot dogs there and to call a few other places to see if we could come there to get some if Costco fell through. For anyone that knows me, I am pretty stubborn, but that day I decided to listen to my wife because she has been right so many times before.

Well, let's just say Costco had hot dogs, but they were not anywhere near being Kosher. So off we went to Toronto Kosher on Bathurst St. Thank goodness they had 250 kosher hot dogs, we were saved and I was glad I listened to my wife!

I am looking outside right now, seeing the rain starting to come down and I am SO HAPPY that the rain held off until now! First patient BBQ done, now we get down to planning for next year, we think we will do it in June.

Back to work tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Nathan,
I enjoyed your story about the quest for kosher hot dogs, because it made me think of something that my sister Jackie always says: "The world would be a better place if men just listened to their wives." Your saga is the proof of her theory!

Regards,
Mary Louise