Sunday, October 4, 2009

Those 'bugs' in the yoghurt...

So I am not sure if many of you read this or not, but Dannon, yes the producers of Activia yoghurt and the ever famous commercials of women wearing yoga outfits has settled the suit concerning false claims.

Now, let me back up here, I am a proponent of probiotics, I mixed them into my son's formula when he was an infant to assist with digestion and the whole family takes them on a quite a regular basis. I believe probiotics definitely have a place in a person's health, they can help with colonizing the GI tract and help replenish the flora of the GI tract when depleted.

I just don't know about them in yoghurts. I would rather purchase them myself at a health food store (make sure they are in a cooler) and I purchase a brand with a variety of strains. I like to know what I am getting (call me cheap), but paying extra for a yoghurt that does not guarantee how much probiotic I am actually ingesting sounds like a waste of money.

So for now those people who have previously purchased the yoghurt in the US can get their money back by filing out a claim form.

If you are going for probiotics, I would probably say it would be safe to say, go to your healthfood store and get a reputable brand of probiotics and add it to your own yoghurt.

Good night,
Nathan

No comments: